BG in the Community
At Bennett Griffin LLP we are committed to supporting the communities in which we work and live, and we would like our presence in those communities to create a positive and lasting effect.
As a firm, we regularly organise, sponsor and participate in activities to raise money and support for charities and other local events.
Many of our solicitors volunteer at the Citizens Advice Bureau in Worthing, which assists them in providing free legal advice to the local community.
Our Commercial team are involved in a number of initiatives to support local businesses and promote Worthing as a great place to do business. These include the Employment Club, networking events, commercial alerts, newsletters and seminars on pressing issues.
Our Private Client team supports the Will-writing schemes run by charities such as St Barnabas, Cancer Research UK and International Animal Rescue. We also hold seminars and coffee mornings at various locations in the local community to give members of the public the opportunity to discuss issues such as Wills and Powers of Attorney in an informal environment.
For more information on any of our initiatives, please click on the links below:-
- BG Supporting Will Aid Week
- BG Supporting St Barnabas Will Week 2013
- Bennett Griffin Cavemen Rock for Comic Relief 2013
- Cancer Research Uk FreeWill Service
- Today is Santa Suit Day for St Barnabas
- More pictures from the Children in Need Bowling Bonanza
- BG at the Adur & Worthing Business Awards
- Sucess for Children in Need at the Bowling Bonanza
- Children in Need 2012 if finally here!!
- BG are taking part in Movember
- Bennett Griffin Bowling Bonanza 2012 for Children in Need!
- BG participationg in St Barnabas Will Week
- School time for BG Solicitors!
- BG take part in the Chestnut Tree House 10k Costal Run
- BG win the Sussex Law Society volleyball tournament
- 2 Elite BG Teams take part in the Worthing Law Society Quiz
- BG Win Charity Beach Volleyball Tournament
- Sponsoring the Southern Business Awards 2012
- Sport Relief 2012
- Worthing High School Careers Fair 2011
- Bennett Griffin Bowling Bonanza 2011 for Children in Need
- Worthing Law Society Quiz 2011
- Bennett Griffin Supports Full of Life Festival 2011
- Sponsoring the Worthing Business Awards 2011
- Charity Volleyball Tournament
- Sponsor bowling superstar, Lisa John
- The Ferring Village Fair 2011
- Red Nose Day / Comic Relief 2011
- The Worthing Chamber of Commerce Quiz Night
- The 12 Days of Christmas
- Bennett Griffin Bowling Bonanza
- Sponsoring the Worthing Business Awards 2010
- The Worthing Law Society Quiz
- The Ferring Village Fair 2010
- Barney’s Big Bash 2010
- Coffee morning in Ferring
- Red Nose Day / Sport Relief 2010
- Sponsoring the Worthing National Childbirth Trust
- Worthing High School Careers Fair
- Sponsoring the Worthing Business Awards 2009
- Race for Life
- Free Employment Law Seminar
- Red Nose Day / Comic Relief 2009
- Free Business Seminars
- Jeans for Genes Day
- Walk for Charity
- Red Charity Golf Day
- Sponsoring the Sussex Business Awards 2008
- Rounders Tournament
- Barney’s Big Bash 2008
We are proud of a number of individual members of staff who use their own time to give something back to their community.
Steve Hollamby is a Trustee of the Fire Safety Friends of Russia, who provide fire fighting equipment and training to the residents of Kursk, saving many lives. Steve was also the President of the Worthing Law Society in 2011/12.
Peter Bennett is a former Mayor of Worthing and a former President of the Worthing Law Society. Amongst other things, Peter is a Trustee of the local charity International Animal Rescue, the President of the Worthing and Adur Chamber of Commerce, a Director of the Worthing Town Centre Initiative and a Trustee of the Worthing High School Trust.
In 2010, Peter won the Lifetime Achievement in Business Award at the Worthing Business Awards.
Tania Clapham is the Secretary of the PTA at West Park School in Goring, and she sits on the Executive Committee of the 2nd Worthing Scout Group. Tania also plays in the Littlehampton Concert Band and the Northbrook Community Concert Band.
Julie Stevens actively supports the Specs 2 Go initiative by regularly collecting old spectacles that are then recycled for third world countries. She also collects non-perishable food items for our local food bank, which helps low income or homeless families in the area.