We all know that we should have a Will, and ensure that if we have a Will it is updated, but many of us put it off because we don’t want to think about it, find it too confusing or just simply don’t know where to start.
Our Wills team have developed a streamlined bespoke Wills service which aims to provide our clients with advice appropriate to their individual needs.
A Will can be used to;
- Ensure your loved ones are protected after your death
- Choose who should care for your children
- Specify who will deal with your financial and personal affairs after your death
- Avoid your assets going to people you had not intended
- Protect your business interests
- Minimise the payment of Inheritance Tax due on your death
- Ease the administration of your affairs for your surviving family
A well thought out and properly drafted Will can ensure that your wishes are carried into effect after you die and those you love benefit in the way you want.
Equally the lack of a Will or a poorly or incorrectly drafted Will can cause unnecessary heartache, stress and ultimately costs for your family.
Downloading a Will making kit or buying a cheap ‘off the peg’ Will does not automatically guarantee that you will complete the forms in the right way or mean that all your assets are correctly dealt with and your wishes will be understood and carried out as you intended.
Our qualified and experience team are regulated by the Law Society and hold accreditations from Solicitors for the Elderly, and STEP. They will meet with you to discuss your wishes and the implications of what you are planning to do. They will also make sure you have not overlooked any important issues and, where appropriate, can discuss additional services such as video Wills and Living Wills.
Your choice of solicitor in creating this key document is important and we are committed to working with you to ensure you achieve your aims.