Employment Issues – Stop Press
- With effect from April 2009, The right to request flexible working will apply to all parents with children up to the age of 16
- In respect of dismissals and other trigger events occurring after 1 February 2009, the key compensation limits will be increased as followed:
– compensatory awards will be increased from £63,000 to £66,200
– a ‘week’s pay’ will be increased from £330 to £350
– maximum redundancy payment will be increased from £9,900 to £10,500
- With effect from April 2009, the statutory dispute resolution procedures will be replaced by a new ACAS regime designed to encourage early and informal resolution
- Statutory minimum paid annual holiday entitlement will increase from 4.8to 5.6 weeks with effect from April 2009.