Common reasons for re-mortgaging include:
- You are looking to switch mortgage deals
- Your current deal is about to expire
- You want to borrow money (for example, for home improvements)
- You have other debts you need to pay off
- You want more flexibility in how your pay your mortgage, such as the ability to overpay or take payment holidays
Re-mortgaging can potentially save you a great deal of money. However, whether you’re getting an advance on your existing mortgage or switching mortgage provider, it’s essential to consult an experienced residential property lawyer.
We can provide practical advice about whether re-mortgaging is right for you (including helping you work out whether there is a financial benefit to re-mortgaging) as well as liaising with your mortgage lender and handling the legal documents on your behalf.