We are committed to providing the best legal service to our Clients. However, if you feel that something has gone wrong, we need you to tell us about it so that we can clarify any misunderstandings and resolve any mistakes as soon as possible.
If you have a complaint, please raise the problem with our Complaints Resolution Partner, Kate Hallin (1 Liverpool Gardens, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1TF |Telephone: 01903 229927 | Email: KLH@bennett-griffin.co.uk). If the complaint is about Kate Hallin, please raise the problem with our Senior Partner, Anthony Edwards (1 Liverpool Gardens, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1TF | Telephone: 01903 229926 | Email: AJE@bennett-griffin.co.uk).
What to do if you are unhappy with our conduct
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA | Reporting an individual or firm | Solicitors Regulation Authority
What will happen next?
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within 3 days of receiving it, and provide you with a copy of our Complaints Resolution Procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. Your complaint will be handled by the Complaints Resolution Partner. She will review your file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you, and liaise with you, as may be required, for any clarification. The Complaints Resolution Partner may ask you to set out your concerns in writing so that we are certain that we know exactly what needs to be responded to.
- Within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter, the Complaints Resolution Partner will contact you to discuss matters further with the aim of resolving your complaint. This can be by email, a meeting or over the telephone.
- Within 7 days of this further communication, the Complaints Resolution Partner will write to you with a detailed reply to your complaint to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you. If this is our final written response we will make that clear in the letter.
- If we have to change any of these timescales we will let you know and explain why, and agree a revised timetable with you.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ, about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within 6 months of the date of our final written response of your complaint, but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on Telephone: 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com. Please note that the Legal Ombudsman service cannot be used by businesses or most other organisations unless they are below certain size limits. Further details are available from the Legal Ombudsman whose website is www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
- If a complaint cannot be resolved you may also be able to ask for it to be referred to a process of alternative dispute resolution using a certified provider. We are not required to agree to such a request. In any case, this is not available to businesses, only consumers. We will give you more information about that right if it becomes relevant.