Commercial Property Financing, Mortgaging & Secured Lending
Commercial property finance is a vital part of any commercial property transaction.
It is a complex area of law; therefore, we advise you to obtain the right legal advice to protect your investment.
At Bennett Griffin, our expert team has many years of experience acting for both borrowers and lenders. We have dedicated knowledge of mortgaging and secured lending for large and small commercial property clients.
Contact us today to find out how we can help advise you with all your commercial property financing needs.
What Is Commercial Property Financing?
Commercial property financing is where a borrower either borrows money to invest in income-generating real estate or raises finance from real estate (also referred to as property).
Usually, the money borrowed will be secured on the property. The borrower will use it for one of the following purposes:
- To buy the property.
- To invest in its business.
- To refinance existing borrowings incurred for one of the above purposes.
Commercial Property Secured Lending Services
There are two main types of lending in commercial property financing:
- Investment finance. This involves the lender financing an existing property (that is, one that has already been built) with existing tenants.
- Development finance. This involves the lender financing the purchase and building of the property concerned, either on a pre-let or speculative basis.
A commercial property finance lender will be particularly interested in the following:
- The cash flow generated by the property (that is, the rental income) that will be used to pay interest on the loan; and
- The property’s value, compared to the loan amount (selling the property or refinancing the loan against the property), is likely to be how the loan will be repaid.
Our Commercial Property Financing Advice
As legal experts, we will provide advice tailored to your situation and business if you are looking for commercial property finance options for investment, acquisitions, expansion, development, or property portfolio diversification.
We can help:
- Carry out full title due diligence and identify any issues that may arise.
- Deal with all lender requirements throughout the transaction.
- Report to and advise clients on the various elements of the transaction.
- Handle all post-completion requirements, including registration.
Contact Bennett Griffin
If you would like to find out more about our commercial property financing and secure lending services, our team will be happy to chat.
You can book an appointment to speak with our experts by filling in the online form below.
Alternatively, call Bennett Griffin today on 01903 229999.
Your Bennett Griffin Team