I am a solicitor within the Dispute Resolution Division and I specialise in Commercial Litigation. I joined Bennett Griffin in September 2022, having spent over 6 years practising at a regional firm following qualifying as a solicitor. Since qualification in February 2016, I have practised in a broad range of commercial litigation matters.
- Qualified as a Solicitor 2016
- Legal Practice Course & LLB – 2013
- Graduate Diploma in Law – 2012
- Bsc in Marine Geography – 2009
I have experience in successfully pursuing and defending actions of varying value and complexity on behalf of companies, partnerships and individuals. I have a particular interest and expertise in contractual disputes and claims, together with director, shareholder and partnership disputes. I have also advised clients in relation to professional negligence, misrepresentation and construction & building disputes.
I am familiar with all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and I specialise in working with clients to resolve disputes and manage conflict in a practical and effective manner, in order to achieve a commercial and proportionate outcome.
I am a competent and confident advocate, appearing before both District and Circuit Judges in the County Court.
- Acted on behalf of an Insolvency Practitioner in respect of pursuing the directors of a company in liquidation personally following substantial transactions at an undervalue taking place. Following a mediation with the 5 directors, we achieved a successful result which ended up settling the claim.
- Successfully Appealed a Judgment, significantly out of time, on behalf of a client. The Judgment had been obtained in respect of a claim which should not have been pursued against the client. The client had been declared bankrupt 6 years previously and the alleged claim was in respect of a debt which had been included in the client’s Bankruptcy Estate.
- Successfully defended an alleged Passing-Off claim in respect of the client’s name and logo. The other side alleged that the client’s name, logo and colourway were substantially similar to their own. The claim was successfully defended, due to the other side being unable to successfully evidence their alleged claim.
- Acted on behalf of a company client in respect of a professional negligence claim against their previously instructed solicitors, due to failing to properly advise and a series of drafting errors in a commercial lease. The errors resulted in the client suffering a considerable loss. Following engaging in pre-action correspondence, a successful settlement was negotiated.
Areas of Expertise
- Breach of Contract Claims
- Director Disputes
- Shareholder Disputes
- Partnership Disputes
- Building & Construction Disputes
- Breach of Copyright/Passing-Off Claims
- Professional Negligence Claims
- Debt Claims – both commercial & individual
- General Civil Litigation Claims