Jeremy joined Bennett Griffin in May 2015 after spending over 30 years with Thomas Eggar LLP. During that time Jeremy focused on commercial real estate work and ultimately, over the last few years with the firm, he ended up leading the commercial real estate team from Thomas Eggar’s Gatwick office.
Having decided on a change Jeremy is delighted with the move to Bennett Griffin and is thoroughly proud of the colleagues that he works with within the commercial property team at Bennett Griffin.
Jeremy continues to be involved in a wide variety of high value and complex projects that offer challenging and exciting opportunities. The commercial property team within the firm continues to grow with an emphasis on all round teamwork.
Jeremy enjoys working closely with his clients and their professional teams ensuring that objectives and timetables are understood and achieved.
Away from work, living close to Worthing’s seafront Jeremy can often be found out and about with his three spaniels or out on the sea engaging in a variety of water sports, he is a long term supporter of Surfers Against Sewage.
Back on dry land, sporting interests include golf with membership at Goodwood GC, cycling and a keen competitor with Worthing Excelsior Cycling Club and in wintertime a regular visitor to the Alps for snow sports.
Areas of Expertise
- Residential & Commercial development – site acquisition on conditional terms including grant of planning permission and final sale price subject to an overage dependent on enhanced value of land subsequent to grant of planning permission. Multi-party contracts including sites with several land owners simultaneously contracting with the developer either unconditionally, by way of option or conditional on planning.
- Business expansion/relocation – either acquiring further operational sites or relocating single site facilities both freehold and leasehold terms.
- Commercial Landlord and Tenant – acting for both landlords and tenants on grant of leases, re-gearing, assignments, variations and surrenders of leases. Multi-site high street retail, restaurant and licensed premises, franchised take-away and home delivery operators and premium high street retailers.
- Property finance – including acquisition funding and subsequent refinance of single sites or multi property portfolios acting for both lender and borrower.
- Freehold sales and purchases – operative facilities in particular, care homes and hotels/coaching inns/pubic houses and high street locations for letting to restaurant operators.
- Investment property acquisition and disposal – including multi-site/occupier or single units subject to occupational tenancies.