Newly Qualified – 5 years PQE
Department: Commercial Property
PQE Range: NQ – 5 Years PQE
Reporting to: Darren Edwards
Location: Worthing Office
The Opportunity: The role is for a solicitor with up to 5 Years’ PQE, in Commercial Property Law.
The role involves:
- Undertaking work at the request of your supervisor
- Managing your own caseload and taking the lead on client matters
- Networking with other professionals and contacts, both individually and as part of a team
The Team: The team has a strong reputation for commercial property transactional work, acting for local, national and international clients.
The team currently consists of 7 Fee Earners: 3 Partners, 2 Solicitors, 1 Consultant, 1 Paralegal and 3 Assistants.
The team deals with a wide range of property transactions including investment, development, corporate support, funding and landlord and tenant matters. Clients include regional developers, portfolio landlords, owner occupiers and tenant clients with large property portfolios, and residential registered social landlord developers.
- Refinance of client property portfolio with revolving facility c. £50m;
- Property elements of sale of leisure portfolio £30m;
- Acting for a Challenger Bank on its Leases for new premises;
- Developer services – advising on site assembly, site acquisition and through to sales of individual units. Recent deals include design and build scheme to a registered social housing provider c. £14m and private sales GDV c. £12m; multiple site acquisitions and build outs for GDV between £1-5m.
- Turnover is generated primarily from established local and regional clients.
- With a keen focus on client care and building relationships, everyone in the team is encouraged to visit clients and their premises to get to know and understand each individual client’s requirements and to be viewed as part of the client’s “team”.
- Head of Property, Darren Edwards encourages the team to be ambitious and confident in carrying out the work to the highest standards.
- Our team boasts partners and solicitors who were formally members of large regional firms who bring to Bennett Griffin their knowledge, experience and client relationships
- The team has an excellent reputation for its work and the clients and matters retained are in excess of the value of work expected for a firm of our size due to the capabilities of the team.
Ideal Candidate Our ideal candidate will have:
- A strong level of knowledge and competence across all the commercial property law disciplines, commensurate with post qualification experience as specified above.
- A genuine desire to learn with an experienced team and undertake all aspects of commercial property transactions – from start-up businesses through to high value transactions and complex projects.
- An ambition to network with other professionals and contacts, individually and as part of a team
- Legal competence and strong “soft skills” are essential, as is cultural “fit” with both the team and the firm as a whole.
The ideal candidate will be looking for a new challenge to allow them to work alongside other members of the team to deliver larger or more complex matters in the most efficient and client-focussed manner.
As you will expect, our ideal candidate will also:
- Be able to prioritise workloads whilst remaining resilient under pressure and competing demands.
- Give client care and relationship building a high priority.
- Be self-motivated and capable of working to deadlines.
- Be a team player whilst also able to work alone.
- Enjoy building relationships across the wider firm
- Possess strong communication skills, a flexible approach and a willingness and desire to help grow the team.
First interviews will be carried out by Head of Property, Darren Edwards and Managing Partner, Kate Hallin
Second interviews will include an opportunity to meet the team
Application Please send your CV to Linda Robinson at